Saturday, July 7, 2007

Trip to Taman Negara - Day 1

It's my 1st trip to Taman Negara!!! Must show a bit of support in visiting local areas since it's Visit Malaysia Year 2007 haha...trying to be politically right! ;) Well, it was a team of around 20+ people comprising of my colleagues and ad agency's employees who are indirectly our partners in crime.....no la, partners at work.
All of us met at 6:45am at the office which was EXTREMELY EXTREMELY EARLY for me to wake up. I never even reach the office on normal working days so to speak so this is 1 big effort....which of course also helped that I stayed over at MK instead of Subang. I was just 5 minutes late after having to drop off my car at the parking lot and waited for the rest. A colleague was super duper late and she ended up meeting us at the Karak McD stop. Everyone had a quick breakfast and followed by our slightly pass 3 hours journey to Taman Negara. We had a guide whom I believed provided the coach service to the rest of the people. Fortunately I was in my boss's car so we were leading the way most of the time. I believe the time taken to go would have been shorter had we not made some wrong turns and having to wait up for the rest of the cars.
Anyhow, we got there eventually and the Woodland Resort where we stayed in was a 3 star accredited resort. It was ok. You can be expecting luxury when you're here more towards an outdoor event. This wasn't just a fun and play trip. It started off with Training from the Strategic Planner of our ad agency and lasted till about 5:20pm. Following that, it's free time till the next day in the late afternoon before we depart. Different groups had different agenda hence went different ways. I went with the group that decided to take a walk to the river where if we cross by boat (small distance where you can practically look across) is so called Taman Negara. I choose to believe I'm right. Other groups did other things. We were all looking forward to the Canopy Walk and Rapid Shooting the next day. I must say that they have really nice stones!!!









A green moth......


To cut the story short, it was a really humid day and everyone was practically perspiring after the walk and decided to just chill out a while before the BBQ dinner. It ended with a karaoke session which I practically found it a pain to the ears coz only 2% out of the entire time I was there, singers seemed to be tone deaf. Mind you, that may include me as I was just trying to sing 1 song but everyone started singing along so I just let it be. The only pitiful part is that a good friend got me hooked to TONG HUA by GUANG LIANG and when I got the know the song was being played, I was SO HAPPY!!! The sad part was I had not memorised the words to sing along and the turnoff was the off key part....*haih*.....y la no better singers, spoil the song only!! :(

2 comments:

Cheng Chun said...

Aiya you. You were suppose to know that song ler. :P

MsBeHaVeN said...

I know!!! I wasnt prepared but lets do it when you get back hehehe. At least I would have tried to memorise the words :P