Sunday, July 29, 2007

Update on w/c 9th July

This week was a full scale event week as my brand starts its POME project with colleges and the 1st day (9th Jul) was at Taylor's College. Turnout was rather poor despite a big auditorium. We had celebrity Guest Speakers (Motivational Speakers). After the session, headed off for my 2nd private lesson as this Sunday is the competition already. I felt more confident and did a much better job comprared to the week before. I had the last Private Lesson for Cha Cha and it was way better than the first! I regained some confidence alas!

Once again, I cancelled my Wednesday's corporate class explaining that I had to practise for my competition. Basically the days went by really fast. The 2nd event was at Inti College and it took almost the whole day. Dropped my PR agencies (account servicing) back to their office in Midvalley. Thursday was my worst practise session at the studio and I got there late thinking that my category will start later. They waited for my Duo category to dance together as there only 2 teams competing. That was the only full dress rehearsal I did. I used the same for my Individual dance as well. Saving the best for last!

Anyways, come Friday I got a 1/2 day off (later half) which was TOUGH to get. Good thing I was advised by a good friend to book DS in the afternoon as it is usually free. Booked for an hour and practised a bit whilst Darcy filmed me. It turned out ok la but need to polish up a bit (actually a LOT but oh well, that's the best within the short time frame!). 1 hour costs RM80 so had to make full use of it. I did a full dress (solo) there. Went for a drink, did my manicure and subsequently left for home after dinner to pack up for the next 2 days.

Came Sat, hearts thumping very hard as the next day was D'Day!!! I left my house after completion of packing coz I will be staying at Shang for 2 nights. I left sometime in the afternoon. Had my boots done. Bought some titbits, water and headed to the studio for my FINAL practise. I started about 4pm and was there till nearly 8pm. I did my intro for Waltz and Funky only then. U see la, forever last minute! Teacher was there to help touch up which was good. I then went off to Sugimoto for dinner and then headed to Shang to stay the night.

I picked my sleeping partner in front of Sungei Wang and headed to the hotel. Straight away we headed to the ballroom after checking in which was past 10pm to start checking out the floor and identifying the walls (only Line Dancers understand the "Walls" meaning) . My duo came after midnight and we practise a bit more on our Duo dance as well as solo dances and headed off to bed.

Couldn't sleep as I was excited and nervous about the next day. I know I rolled around on the bed and I only had 3 hours of sleep before waking up to go down early to test the floor ONCE more. Imagine how tired I was for the competition but somehow with the adrenalin pumping, it managed to keep me awake.

3 comments:

Cheng Chun said...

1 month never blog already... I want mooooooooooooooooooooore... :)

Cheng Chun said...

Busy busy. Nevermind. I talk to you via Outlook. :)

MsBeHaVeN said...

haha I just realised that there's more comment here! heheh....yea la 1 month never blog. I think I kinda forgot what happened over the weeks!