Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Tuesday Gloom!

Today as usual were rushing things as usual due for tomorrow's meeting. We met up with a local derma for Fish head lunch nearby his office. It was one of the famous store somewhere in Jalan Pudu area. Normally I will tell friends not to ask me as I am really bad with KL's direction but I think I can manage this one. Anyways, it was an interesting shop as I was with my boss and 2 more other colleagues.

The derma actually told us a slight history about the shop as his clinic used to be just a few doors away. One of my colleague is an eligible bachelor and the derma actually told that the shop is run by 4 spinsters haha and they are of course by now multi-millionaires. U know la, those chinese shops which looks run down but are famous for their food. It's those type that I'm referring to. The derma continued by pointing out from the eldest to the youngest sibling and funny enough and scary enough, they were aggressive (I guess it's their nature of work/business that you scream loudly for orders or commands) and my eligible colleague was a little put off or afraid haha...

Anyhow food was good. We had the fish head (not curry), bitter gourd with chicken (good as well), herbal soup (yok choy), beancurd, 2 types of vege which turned out all good. A lawyer friend of the derma's joined us for lunch too as she was just around the corner. Guess how much the bill turned out to be for 6 pax.....an UNBELIEVABLE RM78+!! We were trying to figure if it's coz they know the derma well (were neighbors but his new clinic has moved slightly further away) or it's just the normal price. All of us are planning for another visit to this shop. The only setback is the long wait for the food but I must say it's well worth it. Well, different people will have different taste but all of us certainly enjoyed the food.

With stomach filled to the max, went back to the office to continue work. Quite a lot of things that were required by end today because of COB (close of business) so was a bit stressed out. A good old friend came to pick me up to go for dinner at De Canter (the new restaurant feel one). Chilled out till about closing as I needed a break. Only left for dinner about 9:30pm. Then I came home and continue working. Just finished the presentation that my boss requires by tomorrow morning and it's 2:30am now. Am sure I'll be half dead tomorrow but at least it's done! 1 burden off, and the rest to complete tomorrow.

2 comments:

Cheng Chun said...

Do I see a meal there when I get back to KL? :)

MsBeHaVeN said...

Yes you will but I'm a bit worried about your selections when it comes to food! Such a fusspot!! :P