Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Merdeka Delayed Coverage

Ahh...finally I can post this. CC, I know you wanted to see this. I only got my cable back therefore could not do over the weekend. My dear friend here was in Norway when we celebrated Merdeka back home. I first went for buffet lunch at Oneworld hotel at 1Utama, a new place to try out. Not that I was aware that it was cheaper. It was such a coincidence that it costs RM50 nett per person for the buffet because it signifies the celebration of the 50th Independence Day! It will cost RM68++ on normal days for lunch, RM80++ for dinner and only on Sunday, brunch for RM50++
My good friend suddenly rang me up and asked if I wanted to go to Stadium Merdeka and I first decline politely because who in the right frame of mind would want to drive to a place where it's packed with people! Oh well, I will leave the juicy details when you get back CC. So obviously I went there and here are some of the pictures taken. The impressive part is where they did all the shows representing each of our leader's era from Tunku Abdul Rahman right up to Pak Lah. If not mistaken, it's a total of 18k+ people practising for that night's event.
Btw, I was waiting for the Tattoo that you text me but ceh....not that happening la!!

Here are pictures prior to any event. I really like the part where people sit at the corner and start changing colors or words they want to say. I dont know whatchamacallit but it's nice!





No comments: