Sunday, September 30, 2007

Singapore Singapore

This week ended pretty quick which was good as I was away for a meeting cum presentation plus also market visit the following day. In total, I was there for only 2 days. It was good as I missed going there on company trips and staying at Sheraton Towers!!!! I stayed alone which I really enjoyed.




The presentation was to Mediacorp, obviously the biggest and monopolist media owner I must say on our project so that they have a clearer understanding on the mechanics. 2 DJ's joined us as well to better understand what they should say. I saw this one good looking caucasian and asked the Malaysia representative of Mediacorp on who he was. She only need to start with saying that his wife is very famous, some actress name whom she forgot and my heart was broken hahaha!!! No la, dont break so easy one! Must emo emo a bit la ;) - blaming on CC where I learnt this word. Conclusion he's really good looking darn!!!
Anyways, the meeting ended with a tour around the radio station where the DJs are doing their work. It was really cool. It's like a big glass where they can see us and we can see them but they can't hear us. Imagine seeing through an aquarium though I dont know if the animals can hear us and of course there's no water involved.
We entered one room where there were 2 young DJ's, a girl and a guy called Shan Wee whom we have already planned to engage for our event but unfortunately, he's unavailable. He was quite good looking, a caucasian and chinese mix. It was really quite interesting to see how they do their work, DJing and talking ot each other. They are very resourceful too. During breaks, they actually do their homework surfing about gossips and updates. I happened to see Shan's screen on Victoria Beckham and both were talking about her later on. We heard them go live as well which was really cool.
The day ended well with a nice chill out session starting at 4:30pm with drinks all the way till night. I only had max 3 glasses of sweet white wine and was already feeling on top of the world. The food was good as well. Those who could drink drank a lot. Perhaps I dont usually chill with heavy drinkers so this is really a "kau kau" drinking session. Took off about 9+. One of the Mediacorp girls were kind enough to send me back to my hotel. I reached, showered and opted to sleep but thought that the night was still early and thought of Borders as the only place that opens till 11pm. I took a 15 min walk from the hotel which was good after all the food intake! Reached at nearly 10:30pm thinking that they close at 12am. Obviously it was just a short visit. Got myself a book and walked back.
I dare say that SG is quite safe that I could walk alone but of course my guards were still up high! Not planning to risk anything. After I got back, changed to PJs, slept in. I had a really good sleep thanks to the comfy bed and pillows. Went off to my office in SG, caught up with a few Sales people and headed off for a market visit. Was quite tired by the end of the day as I walked the whole day up and down. My last stop was Taka and being the notti person I am or rather big time sucker to 'material' stuff, I got myself a wallet. Not going to regret what I did as I cant be selling the wallet back to the boutique right? ;)
I walked between Taka and Tangs (not exactly near thx to underpass) to check if there were any price differences or offers they have. Believe me, you might get better deals at times if you have done your due survey. CC, you better thank me hahaha coz I got your Henckel kitchen scissors! I actually went to 2 places to check just to see if both have same deals. Sometimes for brands like WMF, you may get better deals from Tangs which is rather strange. I bought a Brabantia bin from Tangs last Dec and if recalled correctly, can't find similar deal in Taka. I got a Samsonite laptop bag too for a friend :P Then off I went back to the hotel to put in the scissors into my luggage for check in and got myself a cab to the airport.

3 comments:

Cheng Chun said...

Oh ho. You got the scissors!!! Thanks!!! My mom put you up for it right. :P

MsBeHaVeN said...

Yes, your mum did. How much would it have cost in UK? It was supposed to be S$50++ but it was some value buy thingy so ended up costing S$39.80

Cheng Chun said...

I dunno wor. But I'm sure it's much cheaper in Spore one. I'm sure you know we get all our stuff from there Spore one. :P