Thursday, June 21, 2007

DNA Test

This may not be NEW news to people but it IS to me!!! This was one test that is pretty hard to schedule for and the waiting list is normally very long. Exceptions are given to people who needs the test desperately if they are extremely ill. Anyways, I did my test on Jun 18, Monday at 11:30am. Got permission from boss to take some time off. It's basically a thorough test. Blood test can only tell so much but believe it or not, this really tells you to the very details that you would not have thought of or what basic test can't provide. Not going to elaborate so hard. Test took only 15 minutes with some straps to your forehead, wrists and ankles. Not a PRICK of blood for those who are afraid.

Results time after the 15 minutes of lying naked in your underwear with just a towel covering your body was the daunting thought of what the results might be. Parents were there to give moral support, YEA RITE! They were there in case I don't understand the results read out to me! Oh well, am not going to reveal too much detail but basically the doc has mentioned to me things that I'm facing which I haven't even mentioned to them. So if you ever wanna test if the machine is a fake, try this. Let the doctor finished all the talking and see if she hits spot on. The good thing is I didn't inherit any bad diseases but have to really take care. The other surprising thing which I wasn't even aware of is the question on whether I've sprained my back. I didn't take notice of it but I felt it the next day when I went to the studio to dance or practise my steps.

Walla and I got a sore back. I can't really arch probably for Waltz and don't think I should aggravate it any further so I stopped. Subsequently, a massage was arranged and I went to Hartamas to do it. That was yesterday, Tuesday. Today i feel the pain even more. Not really sure if the massage made it worse for me. I can only pray that the pain goes away. Anyways, too much said and my eyes are barely open...Gnite all.....

2 comments:

Cheng Chun said...

Why got DNA test one?

MsBeHaVeN said...

Malaysia quite high tech u know! :P Well this doctor/scientiest/nutritionist/dietician, (i think got more, but i dont know) has practised 2 years with United Nations in order for her to be able to use or i think given permission to bring in this machine.
At least, test is done once and for all for 1st timers so you becareful lor! The subsequent times you do will be more to check on the latest health status to see how well you have maintained ;) Can "un un" ah? :D