Thursday, October 25, 2007

Short Weekend

I got up the next day on Sat, did my laundry and headed off to the studio for class. Taught the 2-3pm class followed by a replacement class for the 4-6pm session. I had a Jamming Session on that evening too. It felt really good to burn some extra calories. I felt lazy to go because I haven't not practise any dances at all prior to it and only know a few dances. I went anyway and ended up leaving at 11pm.
Sunday was interesting as it was like a pre-opening session for friends and families of my mum's latest joint venture with a lady. The little comfy shop sells 'tong suis,' prepacked food like Nasi Lemak, options like vegetarian beehoon and some I dont know what you called those kuehs. Basically it's more like catering simple food. Mum did the Lam Mee (Comments were good as it's not the starchy type & of course more ingredients). The last I had of this Lam Mee aka Birthday Noodles was in Little Penang which was so so as it was starchy and brown. Curry Laksa was also available and some cakes/desserts.
One of my friend came (too last min notification), The other people that came were mainly friends of parents' and relatives. It was a really hot day and it made me a bit grouchy and grumpy. The only disastrous session was the addition of "sugar" into the "tong suis." Mum already had sufficient but somehow it was either my aunt or her friend that added until MYSELF also can't tahan! Unbelievable!!! I have a sweet tooth and for me to find it sweet, you can imagine the sweetness. Initially it was only my aunt's "tong sui" that wasn't sweet and I suppose that she assumed that the rest are similar. As it was our first time and first day, of course kelam kabut a bit here and there.
The best is yet to come. We had a wedding dinner that night and around late afternoon, I accompanied mum to quickly find a pair of shoes and I think we did it all in less than 45 mins and headed back to the shop as her friends were there. I left not too long after that and gone home to take a short nap before getting ready for the dinner. My weekend ended so fast. :/

No comments: