Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Super Packed Sunday

I stayed over at my friend's place at DP after a late night dinner in Bangsar. I fell asleep whilst everyone were watching Russell Peters doing his thang on DVD. He was farny enough to entertain but I guess I was too tired as it was way past my bedtime. Woke up the next day, changed and headed on straight to church because it will be late if I go back to get changed first.

After that, left for home to change into my gym gear to attend a dance/jamming party in Klang. I seemed to utilize every free time that I have. When I got home, I saw that clothes weren't hung to dry and did that before taking a shower to get ready to leave. I reached close to 1pm. No breakfast for me that morning. Had only a pack of Dutch Lady's Chocolate Milk. Am trying a friend's recommendation to not eat breakfast as it somehow seems to lead you on to continue eating. I must agree with that.

Lunch and breakfast is normally very close. I am trying to cut down calories. Well I ate a bit of carbo as well at the dance party as it was a sit down makan cum dance party. Took some of the dishes too coz I did intend to have my lunch. Did a few dances the "keng" way like I always have haha which tires me out after only a few dances compared to others who just dances for fun and can survive past 50 songs. I was told that I put on weight too sigh :/

Not something new to hear but I must let that get into my head and really cut down on my food intake. Got wedding in less than 3 weeks. After about almost 2 1/2 hours of dancing and eating, I left for home to get ready for my next activity, National Stadium for the MCA organized free concert. They called it the "50 Persembahan Kebudayaan Tahun Malaysiaku Gemilang which officially went on for 2 days, 27th & 28th. Me and CC opted for the 28th as he just flew in from UK on the 27th. We opted for public transport as that's the smartest way to get to Bukit Jalil. I drove and met up with CC at the Bangsar LRT station and off we went. Took the LRT till Masjid Jamek stop and swapped to take the Star LRT which took us directly to Bukit Jalil. 9 stops would have been bearable had the air conditioning system not died on us for the 1st few stops. Serious torture man!! Everyone was perspiring and I really tried to hold my breath which wasn't easy....

Anyways, we got to our venue 30 mins before the whole event started. They started pretty prompt. It all started with performances from a few different singers. It was mainly singing. Almost each singer had 1 slow and 1 fast track. There were also these group of 4 who really sounded (not bad for Malaysian standard) close to international tenors in opera music like Pavaotti. Honestly it can be rather painful to the ears when they pull to a high pitch! Otherwise, it was quite interesting. It was then followed by speeches and cultural shows which I must say kept my eyes locked onto them. The best part of the show that I enjoyed most is the traditional lion dances. Interestingly enough to know that 1) Yes Lion Dance originated from China & 2) Ahh something I just got to know and be proud of is that Malaysia was the one that started with the poles!

Oh yea, the section where the VIP sat interestingly enough didn't have any retractable shade or anything to shade them from the rain hence were all dressed in ponchos heheehhe.... This will be the first time I ever see the politicians in their ponchos having to walk to and fro the stage for their speeches and to their seats! I believe CC will blog all and he has most of the pictures so I will leave him to do it ;) The event ended 30 mins earlier which was good with short display of fireworks outside of the stadium. It was drizzling so we walked fast to the Star LRT station. Many there were so many people that I found it amazing that the Star LRT could accommodate. It was terrible coz people are squashed together. Thank God the air-conditioning system was working else pengsan. Alight at Masjid Jamek to switch to Putra LRT to head towards Bangsar where my car was parked and sent CC home. There goes my whole Sunday. Though this was something rather spontaneous and ain't my usual cup of tea, I must say I enjoyed it. Probably it's also due to the fact that I dont know what to expect from this show but the history was rather enlightening :D

2 comments:

Cheng Chun said...

Uploaded the pictures in my blog d.

MsBeHaVeN said...

yea saw that! thanks! :)