Sunday, November 4, 2007

Friday high

Thought I was the only late for my uni's alumni session only to find out that other old friends came later. I reached about 5 mins to 8pm after breezing thru the traffic and looking for parking space. The whole Zeta Bar was booked just for us till 9pm. The president was making some announcement and showing the multimedia presentation on the latest update of what the past 3 year activities of the uni. Turnout I must say was low. I was told that only half out of those who RSVP turned out. Anyways, it was great hooking up with old friends.

We had some food, drinks and continued with our chit chat. Amazingly, there are some who turned up at 9pm too. I thought that everyone would leave and found out that the smaller corner has been reserved till 3am for those who would like to continue. It was a good session. Gifts are good. I am like lucky for the 2nd time only at Uni Alumni functions. Won myself a really nice photo album from the Raffles (Lucky) draw. I have honestly NEVER been lucky in draws. It was funny because I was busy eating away when I thought I heard my number being called and had to search deep into my bag where I checked my number. The winner just before me was this year's Cleo's Most Eligible Bachelor, Christian. It wa cool to catch up with him tho I am rather sure he could not remember from other outings. We continued the night catching up with old friends. A time you wished you had a bf who will just come to pick you up and send you home!

Me & Christian

As usual, it's a terrible consequence of wanting to show that you can drink. You THINK you can but in actual fact you CAN'T! I started with a sip of red wine and left my glass somewhere to go for my food. Later I continued with a glass of white which was sweet and nice. Later I went ahead with this dare of one of my friends, to bottoms up a Cranberry+Vodka which I did. The glass was big. It was sweet because I can only take more sweet than bitter stuff. Good thing I stopped at 1 glass because I had this inkling that the effect would slowly creep up on me and so it DID! Was feeling rather dizzy after a while and the wanting to throw up feeling wasn't helping either. I just continued with my dancing to distract myself though balancing wasn't so easy anymore. I waited for approximately 2 hours before I could drive myself back.

It wasn't a difficult to conclude that everyone barely kept in touch due to business of work. So for those who are still studying, ENJOY MAN!!! Life's different once you work. Your best friends (i would deem as acquaintances) are your colleagues as you spent the most time with them.

No comments: