Friday, November 30, 2007

Singapore Trade Visit - Sat, 24th Nov

Ahhh I had such a good night sleep that I just couldn't wake up. Glad that there wasn't any alarm to wake up early. I was due to fly back Sat evening but due to some reason, I stayed back another night and decided to leave on Sunday late afternoon instead. Caught some silly show with a monkey pairing up with a man in a spy movie. Saw till the end and quickly got ready to leave for my 2nd day of trade visit.

This was the day that I aimed to cover all the outlets on my list as well as additional outlets along the way. I did that successfully which I must say that I'm rather proud of! Believe it or not, my last stop was Taka and that was already 7pm. My friend picked me up (Traffic was heavy too!), sent me to my hotel to pick up my bag which I've left at the concierge and headed to check into another place to put up for the additional night. My friend then waited for me to shower and proceeded for dinner.


Clarke Quay was the option for dining and boy was it happening! Perhaps it happened to also have lots of outdoor stage events and all. We dined at this restaurant called "Pump" and it serves decent fusion of food. It was really noisy as we were sitted next to a stage where they were holding an event in search of the winner best short film which best represents Singapore by young students.


Above is particularly unique though I ain't surprised why it got a lot of negative oppositions or rather, discriminating to the unwell people. It's a bar called Clinic where customers sits in an actual wheel chairs as well as actual hospital beds with drips by the side.

Unfortunately I was heaving my usual bad sinus day so I wasn't enjoying as much as I would have on a normal day. Having said that, it was still good to see Clarke Quay after so many years of having just vague memories about it. After dinner, we walked around from one end to the other and weather was awfully WARM!! We watched this Reverse Bungy which was one of the so called amusement that they had. Had we had an early dinner, I may opt to try the bungy. Imagine what could happen on a full stomach....

We had Turkish ice cream which has similar texture of those offered by Lecka Lecka back home. This is one store to stop by because they have a unique way of selling you the icecream where they will play with it before actually handing it over to you. Walked for a bit more and retired at 1:30am back to the hotel.

No comments: