Thursday, November 29, 2007

Singapore Trade Visit - Fri, 23rd Nov

Left for SG on Friday. Didn't really know what to pack and since it was only for 1 night, I packed light. Took only the Quiksilver Bag and the huge Anya Hindmarch that could practically pack anything inside. Anyhow, took the 8:55am flight and reached slightly pass 10am. I decided to check out the electronic shops and got attracted to some unique looking speakers for the IPod.




The reason I went to SG was for Market Visit of which I did and also put up a night at my usual hotel. I left slightly past 12pm to my 1st outlet at Suntec. PK waited for me there and got me a really nice box of chocs that I was told that I must try and finished once open. The ice pack could help keep the chocs from melting 5 hours from time of purchase. Chocs were from Royce. She accompanied everywhere I went and was dressed nicely hehe whereas I was in just my casual jeans and tank top. Feeling a bit unglamorous next to her (haha forgive me if you read this PK!)

PK bought me a belated birthday lunch at a Sudanese restaurant in Suntec which was REALLY REALLY NICE!!! Somehow they were just erm different! Can't exactly explain but you would have thought it was just normal Chinese dishes but the minute it goes into your mouth, you had be surprised. After covering at least 8 outlets, it was rather tiring because I travelled from the East to the West and headed back to Central where my hotel was. Later we split ways as she headed back home and we going to our SG office area to meet an old friend in SG. Her name's Serene and I wanted to go nearby too as it was really sweet of her to come and meet me despite that she was over 7 months pregnant! Appreciate that my dear!

We met up at my office in Bukit Timah. I did a quick market visit and we headed off my dinner at an Italian restaurant nearby. Name was Casa Roma if I remembered correctly. The food was great!!! Cooks were Italian, owner was Japanese. Quite an interesting mix! My main course was unique to me. Serene had the pizza which if I recalled correctly was the Quattro Stagioni (Artichoke, salami, mushroom, olives & mozzarella) & a Minestrone Soup. I had a Main Course which I can't remember the name but it was some beef wrapped in spinach wish mash potato (Really mashed up). I think the name was Involtini Di Gamberi Con Prosciutto Di Parm. We both enjoyed my meal and the catching up. I think the next I see her will probably after she has delivered. After dinner, I waited for her sis to come pick her up and got myself a cab to the hotel.

No comments: