Saturday, December 15, 2007

Sunday casual chill day

For the first Sunday in er God knows how many months, I actually stayed home! Wow, someone must buy the lottery. Of course er I didn't or couldn't wake up for church. Was too tired from the night before. Argh, I kind of forgot what I have been doing but I know that I chilled at home. I know I slept sometime in the afternoon too. Came to dinner, parents were attending a wedding an old friend's (Edward Chen) son's wedding at One World Hotel.

Granny wanted to cook and I insisted by force actually that I took her and my aunt who's been staying with us for several weeks (she's helping parents at the shop). I know I was mean but I really wanted to take her out for good food, how often can that be done. I even said that I refused to eat at home and that I will go out to eat with my friends if she was going to eat at home. We landed up in the famous Taiwanese restaurant/chain called "Fong Lye." Thanks to my agency friend only did I learn about this place. She brought me for my belated birthday lunch. It's a bit ex but it's nice.

There was a bit of a queue and I saw the unhappiness written all over grandma's face. I really hate it whenever they like complain to people demanding as to when is our turn and all, quite embarassing la. I told her to be quiet and wait patiently la in the most POLITE manner I could exude. I wasn't about to start searching for Chinese restaurants/shops and waste time. I didn't reserve in advance of course. Anyhow people, you SHOULD go if you have never been there. The place is cosy and food is nice though it's a bit premium. Portions come in either Small or Medium. Since there were only 3 of us, we tried 4 different varieties in Small sizes. Thank God their small was small. Normally it's quite difficult to order varieties when the number of people are small.

Service was good and fast! We had our dishes picked out whilst waiting in the queue. Learnt my lesson and will ensure prior reservation in future. Here are the dishes that we ordered. All were yummy. I'm glad that both my aunt and especially grandma enjoying the food. I know I haven't been that great a granddaughter but if I can do small little things like this to please her, I feel good.

Special Choy Sam with Minced Meat (RM12)

Beancurd in Claypot with Abalone Clams (RM16)

Fried Prawn with Pepper (RM32)

3 Varieties of Supreme Diced Chicken (RM25)

No comments: