Monday, December 17, 2007

Worst SG trip ever! - Day 2 (Fri)

If missing the flight yesterday wasn't bad enough, things just had to get worst and history repeated itself the next day. I got up a bit early to enjoy my luxurious American Breakfast at Sheraton Towers. I then headed to the airport and checked myself in. Got there JIT! After having checked in, I continued breezing my way past immigration and into Changi. Wasn't in the mood for shopping coz was broke and on top of that, kept my word that I will stop buying luxury products (i told myself for now la) until further notice and was buried in thoughts with other more important things.

I found myself a place a place to sit down and started working on my presentation. I got so engrossed with my work that I saw that it was almost 10 mins to boarding time and packed so quickly and ran to the gate. I sat nearby or so I thought. Anyways, once again I wasn't allowed. I almost cried coz I needed to be back to the office. I swear that I really dont know how to tell my boss that I missed my flight. The whole idea of going back early is to work on this presentation.

With not much choice, I went to the SG airline counter to get book myself on the next flight back. After that, I sat myself down at the cubicle like workstation where they have power station for people with laptops. I started working on my presentation in cold sweat figuring out what to tell my boss. I eventually told her and worked as much as I could and started sending the presentation in parts because the file is huge. I could only send so much because it was almost time to board. Am not about to miss another flight!!

Flight was a bit miserable. I was rather sure that noon flight or earlier part of the day would be good and less turbulence but I was wrong! I felt a bit sick in that flight. Hitched a cab back, packed my stuff for the night and drove to work. Showed my changes as soon as I got back to the office. There were still more to go and I was really getting all worked out because of the changes till my boss even mentioned that she hadn't mean to be a bitch. Imagine! I am glad that I opted out from joining the farewell dinner for my Marketing Director hosted by my creative agency at Bijou. I had the dance performance that night at TTDI and quickly rushed for it. I reached I think slightly past 7pm and was going to cry coz wasn't in the mood to dance and have missed the rehearsal session.

Glad that Joanne still allowed me to dance. I picked up spontaneously as fast as I could and recap the other original steps of the 3 dances that I was going to perform with the rest. I am so much happier dancing that night. Serious stress reliever! My anger left me in time. It was really the moment that I just screamed my lungs out in the and threw my phone! Of course er I threw a bit soft la, sakit hati if need to spend to buy new one. After the whole thing, I went to Nads' house to pimjam shower coz USJ had no water supply from 8pm right through to 8am. No way I could sleep after having perspired so much.

No comments: