Monday, December 17, 2007

Worst SG trip ever! - Day 1 (Thur)

Of course for those that already or curious to know, I had the most horrible trip to SG ever! I actually didn't sleep the whole night before except for just 30 mins from 7:00-7:30am trying to finish the amendments requested. I packed most of my stuff for SG already and headed to the office as soon as possible to avoid the traffic.

More changes of course came about n boss was all worried coz it seemed like I have done nothing much. I was actually quite pissed because I stayed up doing all those animation and put together nicely and next thing I know, she doesn't want most of them. Anyways, I left for home and packed a bit last minute. I kinda left the office late and got a shower before catching the pre-booked cab. The cab driver rushed me to the airport after I told him that my flight was at 12pm. That was er already 10:50am if I remembered correctly.

What happened next was without a doubt a big blow to my face. I know I shouldn't have but so far, I have been rather lucky. The craziest check in that I have ever done was 20-25 mins before departure time, yet they still allowed me in. This time, I was only 5 minutes late, means it was 40 mins before departure and they don't allow me in!!!!!!! I panicked when I couldn't find the flight number when I first arrived at KLIA. The reason this time is because the flight was in another terminal! Lesson #1 - CHECK IN MIN 45 BEFORE DEP TIME. No kidding!!

I had to immediately get a queue number to try to catch the next shuttle flight. It was at 2:30pm and I nearly fainted coz I had to wait for at least 3 hours at the airport!!! I called my PR agency in SG immediately to inform of the situation and apologize that I couldn't make it earlier to help pack things. Thank God that my event officially starts at 5pm. I didn't have a choice but to just hang around till time to go to the Departure counter to check if you can get on the shuttle flight. Glad I could. I reached Singapore, DXO where I had my SOC event slightly past 4pm and my new boss was already there.

Anyways, it was great to finally meet in person the PR servicing team whom I have only dealt with via email. I prepared my speech as I was on the way and of course in my 3 hours that I had! I brought along with me products for display to the media. The event started close to 5:30pm and ended just slightly past an hour which was rather fast! Did my speech as well, fumbled a bit but got all the important elements put across *hopefully* to the press and public. DXO is actually a club located next to Esplanade Mall. It was good that invited guests and the 10 finalists actually hang around to enjoy the finger food prepared. I left around 7:30pm to my hotel for check in before going to Taka and Tangs to quickly check some things out before shops close as I was due to leave the next morning.

My friend picked me up from Taka as I wasn't in the mood for showing after having not found the things I wanted and went to Alleybar for a drink. I wasn't in the mood for those kind of drinks because I was tired and sleepy. Honestly, I was a bit cranky. Bumped into another SG colleague who's leaving the company by end Dec. What coincidence! Luckily I wasn't doing anything indecent hahah...not like I would! Had salad and Red Wine so that I can knock out and YES i slept like a baby until the next morning :)

No comments: